Sunday, March 21, 2010

Interactive Maps

My websites: International Brotherhood of Rail Riders Forum and Project Magellan. The first is written in SMF (Simple Machines Forum) and the latter is written in TikiWiki. We are hobos primarily in North America.



So, what I want is the ability to have a master page which will allow me to search and enter data. For the entering of data I want to be able to type an address and it automatically plots the spot and generates the map. Now, I want to be able to add layers to that marker so to speak. I want to be able to select the marker and then flip thru say some pictures, notes, weblinks, etc. I want to be able to have all these markers appear on the globe (obviously google earth and the need to zoom in and out). Finally, I want to be able to 'call' this up from both within my forum and wiki. I understand each are different so let's concentrate on the cheapest/easiest way first.



I know this is probably pretty simple as I see sites all over doing it like real estate, hotels and google and all, but I don't code and want to be able to simply have some fields appear and I fill in the blank. In Tiki it's entered within Trackers and SMF I have no clue.



I have a lot of examples written down to explain precisely what I want. This gives you the best idea.



I prefer someone in the US. Why? That way I can speak with you on the phone. If you are not in the US then be able to speak on the phone to me on your dime.



Best way to get ahold of me is at ibrrorg@gmail.com http://bit.ly/b4oiT9

No comments: