Friday, February 12, 2010

Blogger Design and Blog Emblem

Im writing this post because Im starting a blog with an associate of mine and I need someone to design a blog theme. The blog theme needs to be simple yet seamless with no breaks except for between posts. Im requesting dark colors, black and greys of varying shades with a light grey for text to be visible on a dark background. I have an idea but Im not sure it will be possible. A grey fog or mist to be an interactive portion of my blog covering certain links such as my twitter link images for myself and one other person. I would like the fog to dissipate with when cursour is moved over the If it needs to be done in flash so be it ha but I want it to be minimal. I would love for the banner to have the emblem centered in the middle while still being seamless going down into the blog. I would love to have a twitter banner down the right side with a black bird perched on a black weather vane with three small blocks where each block would have my image, my associates image and the main emblem for the blog each linking to their respective twitter page.



As far as the emblem goes I want a Coat of Arms that is tastefully done. Once again dark colors like black and different shades of grey but white can be used for details and such. The emblem will be used for the top banner and the display picture for the blog's twitter page. If you need info on a coat of arms you can find it here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms My coat off arms will need to consist of two griffin supporters holding up an elegant Modern French escutcheon (can be found here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldic_shield) with a letter drawn in a leaf script (example here sorry its only an S igraver.com/drawing_leafscript/leaf_script-S.jpg)to fill the middle of the shield in silver. The motto which belongs on the bottom will be esprit de corps.



I'm not sure how much i need to pay for this kind of work and it seems like there is a great possibility that there will be multiple people working on this project. I would love to see examples of your work if you are interested. To discuss payment please use email as it is easy for me to use at work terrancepfontenette@gmail.com



After I started writing this post I realized I should give some background info on the blog. The blog is to be a multifaceted blog dealing with culture with different categories such as fashion, music of varying genres, and any other relevant article that I post. It is to be down to earth and laid back. Simple yet functional and able to inform. I would love for it to become very popular and a great artist could help me out haha! As of right now the blog has no name so the letter that needs to go in the center of the coat of arms has not been decided. If I didn't say it before this will be for blogger so blogspot but it will have its own domain name. Im open to any suggestions and I hope im not being to demanding. Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this post.



If you have any inquires please email me at terrancepfontenette@gmail.com http://bit.ly/9Hg0Eg

No comments: