Saturday, December 5, 2009

Writer looking to pair up with cart

I’m a comedy writer hoping to partner up with an artist to develop an original cartoon strip/panel for print and the web.



Though I love the work of Dan Piraro (Bizarro), Gary Larson (The Far Side), Family Guy and Drawn Together - I’m open to anything, and I certainly wouldn’t want you to try and emulate any of their styles.



I know the competition is fierce and that there’s a 1 in 1 billion chance of getting syndicated these days, but you never know. There are other publications out there -- MAD magazine, Playboy (for the raunchier stuff, if we choose to go that way). Graphic novels are also a possibility.



So throw it out there – let’s see what you’ve got. Don’t worry about being offensive – I’ve seen it all and have a sick sense of humor myself. lol.



I have 200+ ideas for single panel cartoons, but I’m open to new material as well. In any case, we’ll split everything 50-50.



Please forward 2 or 3 (jpeg) samples of your work -- they can be rough panels, sight gags, mock ads, characters you’d like to develop, whatever.



Send them to:



smalltownoceans@hotmail.com http://bit.ly/8V9YyT

No comments: