Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Character and BG artists wanted

I am looking for one artist each to create either character or background images for a Visual Novel I am currently developing. People with previous experience in this field would be preferred.



The total workload for the character artist would be around 30 characters, with a total of 90 expressions between them, distributed in a highly uneven fashion. I am hoping that the creation of different facial expressions on a base character image will reduce the cost a little. Please let me know what you would be charging per base image and per expression variant.



On the background side, I am looking for someone able to do 125 to 140 images, although I don't require perfect quality here. Many of the images will be day/night-variants, so please also quote me what you would charge to recolor the same base drawing in a different color scheme. As for the artistic style, that's up to you. It doesn't have to be fully realistic, just surprise me with some sample of whatever you are good with.



Both types of images will be displayed in a 800x600 setting only, so there will be no need for very high detail. Clear lines that remain visible at such low resolutions are preferred. A majority of both will be "mundane", as in everyday characters and modern day real-world locations, with some fantastic or unusual ones mixed in.



This VN is intended for commercial release, so I have set aside a budget to pay for this. Alternatively, I can offer a share of the profits. Also, either way, you would of course be credited in the final product.



I do not require binding quotes in your initial message, just enough information about you and your rates that would help me decide whether to go forward with negotiations.



Most importantly, I do require:

- Your country of residence

- Your age (no minors, sorry)

- As explained above, your rates for images created from scratch and variants of those

- A very rough estimate how long you would take for the whole thing

- Your previous experience in this field

- Samples of your previous work that would be representative for the quoted rates and style

- Anything else you think I should know



Please send offers or requests for further information to cironian@gmail.com http://bit.ly/dssPrB

No comments: